Sunday, January 7, 2007

Getting Started with a Camper

This past week Sharon and I purchased a 27 foot fifth wheel camper trailer and pickup truck from Sharon's brother Robert Dean Higgins. This is our first attempt at camping travel. We will use the month of January to get the camper ready, run some trial runs and just get used to pulling and especially "backing up" the trailer.
Backing up the trailer was a new experience, expecially if you are familiar with our driveway at home. It is uphill all the way with a small parking area at the top. I made it the first time with Robert's help in giving me directions. I tried it two days later by myself with Sharon giving directions and that was a challange. We switched places and Sharon backed up the camper while I gave her directions. That worked better and Sharon did a great job of parking the camper just two feet from the low wall next to our parking area.

No comments: