Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Final Note to Suspend This Travel Blog

We are back home safe and happy to be here. We traveled 6,213 miles (10,021 Km) in 28 days thru 15 states. That may seem like a marathon trip for some but we enjoyed every mile of it.

The weather was great. The family and folks we met and visited with were a special pleasure. The events we saw and the historical places we visited were special as well. I would recommend a trip such as this to anyone who has the time to devote to it. If I would have changed anything about the trip it would only have been to make it longer. I would have liked to stay an extra day to two at several of our destinations. But that will have to wait for the next time.

As for the future, well we are planning a trip to Jamestown, Virginia for the celebration of the 400th anniversary of Jamestown and then to Gettysburg, PA to visit the Civil War battlefield. We also have a trip planned to Dallas, Texas to a Praisefest with Dr. Charles Stanley. Later in the year we will be visiting "The Cove", the Billy Graham Retreat Center near Ashville, North Carolina. We will let you know when each of these will be so that you can follow along and enjoy yet another part of our great country.

4 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from down under in New Zealand. I wass searching the blog world when your blog popped up. Even though your trip is over, the photos are worth sharing, so I hope you don't mind me mentioning your blog @ #300 on my blog - 21 21 21 Great Blogs To Read.
Kelvin Yorke

Frank said...

Kelvin, Good to hear from you. Thanks for finding our travel blog. We will add future travels as they happen.
Good Luck on your efforts.
Frank

Anonymous said...

Hi there! My name is Krista and I ran across the picture you posted of the Tlaquepaque village in Sedona, Arizona! I LOVE that picture! And I was wondering if there was any way you'd share it with me?!? My husband and I were married in Tlaquepaque last year and I was just putting together some albums and like your picture of the entrance MUCH better than the one I took!!! My email address is kristadiane@hotmail.com! Thanks! -Krista

Frank said...

Krista,
Welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the photo. Please feel free to copy it directly from the blog.
Frank